alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content
Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies

Say thank you

Click here to complete a form to say thanks to, or compliment a member of Cumbria Constabulary on their conduct.

Making a complaint

The Police Complaints System is overseen by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) and governed by the Police Reform Act 2002. Having an open, accessible and responsive complaints system is important to us and essential to public confidence. We want to know if the level of service has fallen below your expectations and how we can improve our policing services.


Click on the below links for guidance on making complaints:

Complaints Leaflet     iopc-logo

Make a Complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about the conduct or behaviour of a police officer, a member of the police staff or a special constable under the direction and control of Cumbria Constabulary or you have a specific issue on how the Constabulary is run - then you can report this matter by the following methods:

Click here to make a complaint using our online complaint form.

Click here for a pdf easy read version of the complaint form.


In Writing:

Write to -
Professional Standards Department
Cumbria Constabulary
Carleton Hall
CA10 2AU

Phone: Tel: 101

Visit Your Local Police Desk or Police Station - Click here to find your nearest station.

Direct to the Independent Office for Police Conduct- Click here to visit the IOPC website.

Appealing Against the Outcome of a Complaint

Whilst we always strive to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction there will be occasions where you do not agree with our findings. If this is the case you have a right to appeal against the outcome. The appeal body will be either the Chief Constable or the IOPC. You will be informed of your right and how to appeal at the conclusion of our investigation. If you are appealing to the Chief Constable you may do so by completing the relevant form found on the useful documents section on this page. Details of return addresses are provided on each form.

If your appeal is to the IOPC, you can access their appeal forms via their website: