Select Here to view a further Flood Information Page including links to other agencies with advice for Residents, Coping with crisis, Public Health, Businesses and Crime Prevention advice.
Prepare for a flood and get help during and after
This page offers advice on:
- planning for flooding before it happens
- what to do during a flood
- recovering and cleaning up after a flood
Top tips for staying safe during floods:
- Think about flooding before it happens.Sign up for free flood warnings and create a
personal flood plan.
- Try to avoid contact with flood water. Do not drive through flood water and do not let children play in flood water.
- Feeling distressed after a flood is normal. Support from family and friends is important during the recovery process.
- Do not use petrol or diesel generators indoors to dry out your home. The exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide, which can kill.
- When cleaning up after a flood, wear rubber gloves, boots and eye protection, and wash hands afterwards.
For further information on preparing for a flood visit Gov.Uk
Cumbria Flood and Sandbag Information
Eden District Council Policy
Allerdale Borough Council Advice & Information
Copeland Borough Council
South Lakeland District Council
Barrow Borough Council - Do not issue Sandbags
Carlisle District Council Do not issue Sandbags
For further details can be found in the Cumbria Sandbag Policy Document